Soft & Chewy American White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just take a good look at these perfect white chocolate chip cookies! ?
The edges are crispy, the centers are soft, and the white chocolate is melty and gooey, just as they should be. All we need is a tall glass of cold milk and a comfortable place to enjoy them!
The crisp edges on the cookies happen when the dough melts at just the right pace on the baking sheet. With that said, we have a few tips on the best way to achieve this…
How to make the best white chocolate chip cookies?
- This recipe calls for both caster sugar and brown sugar. The caster sugar helps to add sweetness and crispy edges, while the brown sugar lends itself to a more caramel-like flavour and extra chewiness.
- Once you add the flour, it’s time to mix in white chocolate chips – the more the merrier.
- The cookies are then baked in the oven until golden for 10 minutes. At the 8 min mark, take it out of the oven and give it a few taps on the counter (I place a towel on the counter to ensure I don’t damage it). This helps to create those crinkle edges and cracks. And place back in the oven for 2 more minutes.
- When ready, take it out of the oven and give it a few more taps on the counter. This will give you a decadent and fudgy cookie.
Serves: 14 Cookies | Prep time: 15mins | Cook time: 10mins | Ingredients: 9 | Difficulty: Easy
- 230g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 150g Unsalted butter
- 170g Light brown sugar
- 70g Caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 100g White chocolate, chopped into chunks
- In a small pot, melt your butter on low heat. Set the butter aside whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside. In a bigger bowl, add light brown and white sugar and mix to combine, add the melted butter to the sugar and mix until combine. (It might look a little oily and separated but that’s okay.)
- Add the egg to the sugar mixture and mix until well combined. The batter should start to come together into a cohesive batter that doesn’t look oily but smooth instead.
- Add the flour and fold until 80% incorporated.
- Add chocolate chunks and fold until everything is well dispersed. Do not over mix. (Once there are no longer any streaks of flour and the chocolate is incorporated, you can stop).
- Portion into 3tbsp scoops/balls, you should get 16 portions.
- Place onto a tray and transfer to the fridge to rest for 30 mins. (Or if you leave it all night in the freezer even better!)
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Place cookie dough balls with at least 3cm between each. Bake for a total of 10 mins.
- At the 8 min mark, take it out of the oven and give it a few taps on the counter (place a towel on the counter to ensure you don’t damage it).
- Place it back in the oven to bake for the remaining 2 mins.
- Take out of the oven and tap one more time on the counter and let cool on a baking tray for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to let cool.
- Enjoy while still a little warm ? for extra gooeyness
There you have it soft & chewy American White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. We hope you have fun making them! Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Join our chocolate newsletter for news, discounts and more!