Quick & Easy Mini Ice Cream Popsicles Recipe
Making ice cream without an ice cream machine is possible, and the result is super easy & delicious!
The secret is in three ingredients: whipping cream, condensed milk (which you can make at home as we explain below), and natural flavourings. Mix everything, put in the refrigerator, and leave to set for a few hours. That’s it: your ice cream is ready, and waiting for you to devour!
Condensed milk is fundamental ingredient in this recipe, the thick and syrupy milk acts as a sweetener and softens the ice cream, allowing for easy scooping.
How to make the best Mini Ice Cream Popsicles?
For this recipe we divided the ice cream base into three bowls, so you can mix and match flavours. Here you’ll find recipes that work for white, milk and dark chocolate. Once frozen, melt more chocolate add a little coconut oil and dip your frozen ice cream to create a magic shell!
The result will blow your mind: a creamy homemade ice cream, with a crunchy chocolate shell, that softens and becomes even better as soon as you take it out of the freezer.
Ever better, this ice cream recipe is the perfect base for any flavour you choose. Swirl in salted caramel sauce, add a fruit puree or nut paste instead of chocolate, and you’ll have unlimited ice cream flavours in a snap!
Serves: 12 mini popsicles | Prep time: 5mins | Cook time: 5mins | Ingredients: 5 | Difficulty: Medium
Ice cream base:
- 170g sweetened condensed milk
- 250g fresh whipping cream
- 50g white chocolate
- 50g milk chocolate
- 50g dark chocolate
- 200g Chocolate
- 100g Coconut oil
1. Chop the three type of chocolate and melt into separate bowls. Leave aside while preparing the ice cream base.
2. Prepare the ice cream base: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or the bowl of your stand mixer using the whisk attachment, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
3. Add to the whipped cream the condensed milk and fold through until well combined.
(At this stage if you wanted to add any extras such as crushed Oreos, chocolate chips or other colours or flavours, add them now too.)
4. Divide the ice cream base into three bowl and add each the chocolate, previously melted. Fold through until well combined.
5. Pour the ice cream into popsicle moulds and freeze for at least 3 hours or until firm.
6. Once frozen, prepare the magic shell: melt the chocolate and add the melted coconut oil, mix until are combined.
7. Dip into the chocolate/coconut oil mixture the frozen popsicle and place on a baking paper sheet to let the chocolate set.
8. Store in the freezer into an airtight container or enjoy immediately!! 🙂
There you have it quick & easy Chocolate Ice Cream Popsicles Recipe. We hope you have fun making them!
Tell us what you think in the comments!
Join our chocolate newsletter for news, discounts and more!