Quick & Easy Double Chocolate Brownie Recipe
If you are a chocolate lover or brownie fan, then you’ll absolutely fall in the love with these brownies!
These Double Chocolate brownies are super fudgy on the inside, but with a glassy crunchy crust on the outside. Decadent and luxurious these brownies are the perfect treat!
They are super easy to prepare, and the entire recipe happens in one bowl. From melting the chocolate and butter to adding the remaining dry ingredients, this one-bowl brownie will even save time on washing up!
Cut into squares they are the perfect snack or served as an after-dinner treat. Believe me, this recipe is not to be missed!!
Serves: 16 portions | Prep time: 15mins | Cook time: 30mins | Ingredients: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 170g Butter
- 110g Dark chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 50g Cocoa powder
- 300g Sugar
- 110g Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 90g Dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C and line a 23x23cm baking pan with parchment paper. Allow parchment to hang over the side to use as handles to lift out the brownie later.
- Melt the butter and the dark chocolate in a Bain Marie or in a microwave and stir together with a spatula to combine.
- Add sugar, then one egg at time and mix well
- Add cocoa powder, flour and baking powder.
- Mix until no trace of the flour remains.
- Add 1/3 of the chopped dark chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and cover the brownie with more chopped dark chocolate.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, and remove when the brownie remains “jiggly” in the middle still. (This will give you the amazing fudgy centre that makes this brownie stand out).
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes.
- Use the baking paper handles to lift the brownies out and onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before slicing into portions.
- Don’t over mix the batter. Use a spatula instead of a hand mixer and only stir until all dry ingredients have dissolved.
- The quantity of sugar in this recipe may seem like a lot, but it is necessary to balance the dark chocolate and cocoa powder to create an amazingly decadent and gooey centred brownie.
- Brownies really need to cool before cutting them, I know its hard to resist but it will taste is so much better if you wait.
- You can store the brownies at room temperature for 5 days, in an airtight container.
There you have a delicious and easy Double Chocolate Brownie Recipe. And we hope you enjoy your delicious chocolatey creations! Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Join our chocolate newsletter for news, discounts and more!