Rice Puffed Chocolate Crackles Recipe
These Rice Puffed Chocolate Crackles are super-simple, easy to make and delicious!!
Chocolate crackles are a popular Australian and New Zealand children’s treat commonly found at birthday parties and fetes.
They are made with a block of Copha (vegetable shortening), icing sugar, coconut, cocoa powder and Rice Krispies, super delicious but at the same time sickly sweet.
So, today I decided to make my own version just as good as the original but with a good quality dark chocolate (and absolutely no Copha!) – These are so delicious you are going to find it hard to stop at just one.
All you need to make this Rice Puffed Chocolate Crackles is, a good quality dark chocolate, coconut oil, desiccated coconut, icing sugar and of course some puffed rice!
Serves: 16 | Prep Time: 1.5 hrs | Cook Time: 2 mins | Ingredients: 5 | Difficulty: Easy
- 60g Puffed Rice
- 50g Desiccated coconut
- 20g Powdered sugar
- 160g chopped Dark chocolate
- 25g refined coconut oil
1. Grease an 25cm square pan and line with a piece of parchment that extends over the ends slightly to help remove the slice once set.
2. Pour the chopped chocolate into a big size bowl and melt over Bain Marie or in the Microwave.
3. Add the melted coconut oil and mix until well combined.
4. Add one at time, icing sugar, desiccated coconut and puffed rice and mix well with a spatula until well combined.
5. Transfer to the prepared pan and spread out and then use an offset spatula or spoon to spread smooth.
6. Refrigerate until set, about 45 minutes to an hour, then cut into 16 squares.
– Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
There you go, Rice Puffed Chocolate Crackles recipe!
If you make this recipe, snap a picture & share it on Instagram tagging @cocoaboxau & we’ll re-share it 🙂 !
Ilaria is a Pastry Chef Consultant from Italy. She works with brands and businesses to create stunning & delicious desserts using traditional & modern techniques. See more of her work on: the-dessert-lab.mn.co
Join our chocolate newsletter for news, discounts and more!